Consider this: mobile penetration in India is around 71%, compared to internet penetration of just 8%. Not just that, 52% of mobile web users in India are mobile only, i.e. their mobile handset is their only way to get online. What this means is that Mobile handsets and services are revolutionizing the way Indians get connected to the internet.
And if you consider the fact that mobile advertising spend in India is a mere $35.4 million compared to $5.3 billion spend on traditional advertising, you can understand that the growth potential for mobile advertising in India is immense. And the picture is more or less the same in other emerging markets.
Get more such stats and figures from this infographic from Jana, a mobile advertising company based in US that specializes in emerging markets.
Related Posts via Categories
- History of Marketing – An Infographic
- Anatomy of a Perfact Landing Page
- The Blueprint for A Great Landing Page
- How EdgeRrank Determines The Reach of Facebook Posts
- How To Use Pinterest For Business
- The Big Debate – Facebook Ads Vs. Google Ads
- How To Get Yourself Branded
- The State of Online Video Advertising In The US Statistics and Trends
- How to Search on Google
- Exposing the Scam behind SEO